Wednesday, July 27, 2011

TASTEFUL FEEDBACK

This week I received POSTIVE FEEDBACK on 2 cakes I did. The Lightning McQueen cake was one of my biggest orders I ever did. It consisted of vanilla cake and fresh strawberry frosting. This frosting is one of my most popular flavors. I was so confident with my recipe I made it for a pastry chef to taste and she absolutely fell head over heels for it. Its super easy to make I will leave the recipe for you all at the end of this blog. Anyways my client told me that everyone at the party loved the way the cake looked, it was super creative and paid attention to the minor details such as putting TEEJAY on the license plate. She also mentioned the most important thing the TASTE They all said " The cake was SO good" I feel really rewarded and excited when I hear my clients love the taste. It makes me more ambitious to create my own recipes and gives me more confidence to create more cakes.


A good serving of frosting for this large cake
Carved the car by hand, iced it w/ vanilla buttercream
2 layer cake measuring 13x9 
Another cake I made was my chiffon cake, if you guys didn't read my CREATION INSIDE AND OUT BLOG, I mentioned I made my chiffon cake for the very first time. I know I told you guys my mom enjoyed it but my friend LEEANN loved it!!! She was truly blown away. She stated" I dont want to eat it, its too pretty." Leeann and her husband enjoyed the cake, they both told me it was good. Here was the outcome of the cake:


CHANEL
HAPPY BDAY LEE LEE I  <3 YOU!


RECIPE OF MY FRESH STRAWBERRY FROSTING


  • 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
  • OR 1/2 cup of whole strawberries ( frozen is better in my opinion cause it locks in the sweetness )
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold
  • Pinch of coarse salt
  • 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

  • DIRECTIONS
    1. Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. You can also just mash the strawberries in a bowl with a fork or hands. Then in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on med-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to slow and add confectioners' sugar one cup at a time; beat until well combined then you can increase the speed to medium. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree one tablespoon at a time; mix until just blended. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy



    1. ENJOY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment