Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CAKE CHARGES "ME"

Just to give you all a quick update: I have been super busy with making cakes, working and summer school all at the same time. I think having a busy life defines me. I've always had a hectic schedule and never had anything different. That's why my poor blog has been neglected. I'm sure if people that witness my everyday life, will respond " OMG, Inez you even found time to blog about how busy your life is!!!" lol. Anyways, back to what I was discussing: I am the worst person to ask a price on my cakes. I dont give enough credit to my hard work on my time consuming cakes. My stomach turns, and head throbs when a simple question is asked "How much would you charge me for this cake?" I dont think about me at all, I think about the person. Some of my thoughts: " Do they have enough money? If I give them a price will they think I'm crazy for an outstanding offer? Should I go by how much the local bakeries are selling their cakes for? " The cake industry is insane, over charging so much on cakes.  Here are some examples I've charged my cakes:

























CUPCAKE CAKE: $35.00
BAKERY: $50.00

SHOWER TOWER: FREE
BUT client bought all ingredients
and materials. (she's pregnant guys! & sweet)
BAKERY: $350.00










PAUL FRANK: $40.00
BAKERY: $65.00



















LIGHTNING MCQUEEN: $50.00
BAKERY: $100.00


As you can see, my cakes are all under priced. But I want clients to have affordable cakes and enjoy my hard work. Their smiles and appreciation is what makes me feel rewarded. But my closest friends and MOTHER doesn't agree with me at all. They want me to take my time in designing, the supplies I buy, the electricity I use, and labor into consideration. Some of my friends have even told me "If they want a price they come to me." I wish I can just have my clients go to someone who can give them a price. One day I will learn, but for now I will try my hardest to take myself into consideration. Maybe. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment