Thursday, July 21, 2011

MY CREATION INSIDE AND OUT

Wow, you all are lucky I have two blogs within a week. =) So I can't believe I'm finally getting better with my cake recipes. No more Betty Crocker boxes for me. As much as I enjoyed the easy to follow directions I needed my cakes to be more dense and less crumbly. Making your own cakes symbolizes ownership, and pride. For a cake decorator nothing feels GREATER than owning your cakes inside and out. I owe my cake tasting to my poor mother, she hates cake but her taste buds are a viable tool for my cakes. Last night, I got to work on my first chiffon cake per request of one of closest friends, Lee Lee. She has no idea that her  husband asked me to make her a birthday cake for this Sunday. I have been a horrible friend that tends to forget to greet her on her actual birthday. So this cake has to scream out " I'M SORRY!!!" So back to my mother. My mother is one of the best cooks I know. But asking her to taste cake, is like pulling teeth. She usually gives in but will negotiate on how tiny she wants the sample. When I say tiny I mean grain salt tiny. I made two 8 inch round cakes one for Lee Lee and one for 2 of my friends who finished summer school. As I was cutting my fully cooled chiffon cake I begged my mom to try a reasonable amount of cake. I almost shoved it down her throat but she tasted it and said "it's good." Of course I didn't believe her cause she will say "it's good" to anything so you can get out of her face. As I was working on Lee Lee's cake, my mother said " Whose the other cake for?" I replied " Its Maryann and Jenilee's." She said " Just make them something else, I'll keep this cake for us at home." My jaw dropped I can't believe my mom wanted to keep a CAKE! She really did like it!!! She said " Its really good, its light and fluffy just like a mamon (a soft and light filipino dessert) ." I can't wait till Leeann tries this cake. I'm almost done with her make up case and accessories cake...here's a sneak preview...
ACCESSORIES 

The tight seal black container behind the make up case is where my mom kept the other cake. Haha. 
Hope you all have a good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hiiii sissy!!!! I'm sooo happy that ur back!!! Loving ur gorgeous cakes!!! Soo proud of u:)

    ReplyDelete