Friday, August 13, 2010

Decorating Class

So lately I've been super busy at work. As an Admission nurse I hardly have time to go to the bathroom! As much as I love work, I decided to continue to pursue one of my many dreams on the side: Cake decorating!!! I joined a decorating class last Thursday. Its sooo much fun! I find myself lost in my own world when I start piping.( Literally, no one can talk to me.) So I wanted to share my first gum paste flowers with everyone.


  • Gum Paste Flowers

The next 2 flowers are from the second day of decorating class.

  • Apple blossom flowers



  • Rose Buds

The Wiltons Decorating class comes in 3 classes. You must start with The Decorating Basics, Flower and Cake Design, and Gum Paste & Fondant. The lady I signed up with told me just pick the classes you want to take. Not knowing you have to take them in order! My mom joined the class with me, so I told her to pick. She decided to take the Flower and Cake Design. Oh how I was lost!!! When I walked in I saw so many pros with gadgets that I didn't buy. But all the ladies are really helpful. They have extra of everything! Thank god for that! Our teacher said " Good job! Your flowers look like you don't need to take the basics but keep practicing!" Hmm was she trying to be nice. Cause I totally see Butterflies rather than Apple blossoms! haha All in all this class ROCKS! I have NO regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment